It’s back to school and we’re taking you back to the basics.
We’re serving you with 12 essentials you need in your closet as a “wardrobe starter pack”.
Who said “basic” had to be boring?
1. The LBD – whether you’re heading into work, date night out, or just want to channel your inner #MObama, a little black dress is essential to grab and go! Head to Kate Spade for this little number.
2. “Step” up your shoe game with a go-to black pump. Pro-tip: block heels aid in all-day wear! Get this pair at J. McLaughlin.
3. Crisp White Button Down – Need we say more? Throw a blazer over, wear with shorts, channel Tan France with a “French Tuck” and so much more. Clean, classic, comfy. Pick up this version from Vineyard Vines.
4. These little shiny, solitaire studs make a statement yet go with everything in your closet. Pick out your perfect pair in-store from the little blue box itself, Tiffany & Co.
5. White Tee- need we say more? Not only is this a basic MUST HAVE, we recommend having several versions. This soft version can be found at Bonobos.
6. We’ve got the moves like jaguar. No this may not be considered a classic “basic”, however we can all agree that leopard is a neutral. “Spot” this version at J. Crew.
7. Tailored jeans- like your good old friend. Always dependable and up for anything. Having a sleek pair in your closet will take you from work to cocktails if you change the shirt and shoes! Slip into this pair from Lucky Brand.
8. Your travel bags need to look sleek and stylish too. Where else but Tumi to take you from Tokyo to Tel Aviv?
9. Sneak peek at our favorite basic white sneakers. Suitsupply is where it’s at!
10. No-tory-ous for a classic handbag. Tan leather will match your look from head to toe! Find this style at Tory Burch.
11. Denim Jacket- because you need to complete your Canadian tuxedo with your Lucky Brand jeans. All jokes aside, denim matches everything. Period. Find this jacket at Gap.
12. Cardi-B! Or just a staple cardigan. This Madewell version is comfy, soft and perfectly oversized.