Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal is looking for a Retail Assistant Manager to lead our new showroom in Houston. In this role, you will be critical in executing our retail strategy. You’ll be leading the sales floor, and working closely with a variety of departments in an effort to provide an exceptional customer experience. This role reports to the Area Manager. If you’re passionate about fitness, have a high bar for customer experience, and love to solve challenging problems, Tonal is the place for you.
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of Tonal’s product and brand image
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve desired results
- Support the Area Manager in all store operations (scheduling, store maintenance, sales goals, merchandising, and stocking)
- Lead a profitable store by enrolling the entire team to achieve your sales plan; by utilizing company tools to strategically plan and execute
- Manage your team to develop exceptional customer relationships and promote a sales culture to build productivity
- Develop an immersive and personalized demo experience in partnership with the corporate retail team
- Discover customers’ individual needs and meet their goals with Tonal as the solution
- Utilize sales tools to follow-up with in-store leads and drive business, to move customers through the sales process
- Proactively recruit, interview, and select qualified, diverse candidates to build a talent pipeline to achieve business goals
- Establish store presence in the community by fostering positive relationships with clients and other retailers
- Stay in the know of market growth opportunities & leverage those to benefit the store and Brand performance
- Have an in-depth understanding of competitors in the field
- May need to unpack boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh 5-30 lbs)
Who You Are
- 2+ years sales management experience in retail, fitness, service or hospitality industries preferred
- Invigorated by interactions with customers and have the ability to deliver a great customer experience that builds loyalty
- Passionate about driving results
- Approachable, a good listener, and an enthusiastic brand representative
- Flexible and have the ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies
- Experienced in analyzing sales reports and identifying business trends
- Open to working a standard retail schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proficiency with Apple Products, Google Suite, and Salesforce is a plus
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Fitness industry experience
- Luxury or high-end product sales experience
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, [email protected]. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.